Learn more about affording Country Day
How Need is Determined
- Families wishing to apply for tuition assistance must complete a separate application.
- Sacramento Country Day uses School and Student Services (SSS), an online service of the National Association of Independent Schools, to process our tuition assistance applications. Tuition assistance awards are ultimately determined by the School’s Tuition Assistance Committee.
- Tuition assistance is awarded to current and newly admitted students on the basis of demonstrated need, as determined by factors such as income, family size, assets, and liabilities.
- Custodial parents and guardians must submit financial information in order to establish eligibility for tuition assistance.
- As circumstances and tuition change each school year, families are required to complete the tuition assistance process on a yearly basis.
Each year Country Day engages in the complex work of budgeting for the coming school year. The process of allocating our Tuition Assistance funds to eligible families is one moving part in a complicated (and yet effective,) machine. Below is an overview of dates and deadlines your family should consider if you’ll be seeking to apply for Tuition Assistance.
- New families applying for Tuition Assistance for the next school year are asked to submit their SSS application for Tuition Assistance by December 20, 2019. (The same date as our priority admission decision deadline.)
- Returning families are asked to submit their Tuition Assistance applications by January 24, 2020.
- Though you will likely not have your taxes filed by our Tuition Assistance deadline, we ask that you submit your most recently filed tax return and plan to send the current year tax return upon filing and no later than April 15th.
- Returning families who apply by deadline should receive their Tuition Assistance award information by February 1, 2020. (Our re-enrollment deadline is March 1, 2020.)
- New families who apply by deadline should receive their Tuition Assistance award information by February 1, 2020 (this is also the date they receive their admission decisions.) They are asked to enroll by March 1, 2020.
Did You Know?
- Nearly 30% of students at Sacramento Country Day receive some form of tuition assistance.
- Country Day awards approximately $2.2 million dollars in tuition assistance annually.
- The average tuition assistance award is nearly $11,000 per student each year.
- All tuition assistance awards offered by Country Day are grants, not loans, and do not have to be repaid.