Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Alliance (IDEA) Committee
Sacramento Country Day School’s IDEA Committee educates our community to foster an environment in which all members feel appreciated, respected, safe, and prepared to be successful in a diverse world.
As an advisory committee of faculty, administrators, and parents, the IDEA Committee meets monthly to discuss a wide variety of issues of concern to the community, including ways to support the students, faculty, and families at Country Day. The IDEA Committee helped to start our Helping Hands partnership with the Rulindo Schools in Rwanda.
Since its founding in 2000, the successes of the Diversity Committee have included the following:
- Organizing workshops for faculty professional development, including the “World of Difference” full-day diversity training for faculty and staff
- Sponsoring assemblies and student activities in conjunction with the World Languages and Music Departments, such as World Cultures Day and Martin Luther King Jr. celebrations
- Establishing the lunchtime movie series and Leadership Luncheon presentations with support from the Matthews Library staff and High School students and faculty
- Supporting Helping Hands: the SCDS-Rulindo Partnership with the Rulindo Schools in Rwanda
- Publishing diversity newsletters and sharing information in the Highlights newsletter
- Providing faculty with curriculum and resource materials via divisional meetings, newsletters, emails, and displays
For more information or to share an idea or concern, please contact the chair by email at email@example.com.
IDEA Committee Photos