Last Updated: March 16, 2020
The health and safety of our students and community members is of the utmost importance to Country Day. It is important for each of us to take steps to protect those who are at the most risk of serious illness or death related to COVID-19.
Below is information about the steps Country Day is taking to prevent the spread of illness across our campus, and plan for any spread of the coronavirus in our community.
Parents also may review additional information and resources on our Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources board in CavNET, our parent/student portal.
Additional Steps taken:
- On March 4, Country Day conducted a deep cleaning and disinfecting process following a possible exposure to coronavirus. On March 7, were notified that the person exposed to COVID-19 tested negative for the virus, and therefore it was unlikely that our community was exposed through this incident.
- We have made additional hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available to students and employees and provided instruction (including step-by-step instructions) on effective hand washing to students of all ages. With the move to remote learning, we are advising families to practice social distancing.
- We have enhanced our nightly cleaning routine with a focus on high-touch surfaces like doorknobs and bathroom fixtures and regular disinfection of common areas.
- We have instructed any student or employee who is ill with respiratory symptoms to stay home and we have made our sick leave policy more flexible to allow employees to work from home or take leave.
- In alignment with new recommended guidelines, we have instructed our community to practice social distancing when at all possible and refrain from shaking hands or hugging.
- On March 12, we decided to cancel or postpone “non-essential” events through April 13, which is the end of our regularly scheduled Spring Break.
- On March 13, we decided to suspend all in-person classes and move to online instruction from March 18 through April 3. Additionally, school will be closed April 6-13 for our regularly scheduled Spring Break.
- In early April, we will reassess our situation. However, we anticipate we will reopen campus on April 14.
MEDIA CONTACT: Director of Marketing and Communications Emily Allshouse, firstname.lastname@example.org.