Annual Fund Impact Report 2018-19
Dear Country Day Community,
The generosity of our founding families over 50 years ago allowed for the creation of Sacramento’s first and finest independent school, and the continued generosity of our community has made Country Day the excellent school it is today. This spirit of generosity is evident in the many hours our parents dedicate as volunteers, in the commitment of our students to find meaningful ways to impact the world around them, and in our service learning program that both teaches and models care for others. I am grateful for the culture of philanthropy that permeates our campus.
Thank you for your participation in our community to help us fulfill our mission to “inspire intellectual discovery and engage a diverse community to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately.” We are honored you have chosen to give to Country Day.
With your support, in the 2018-19 school year we made key investments in several areas, including supporting our faculty and staff through continued education and training and increasing the diversity of programmatic offerings throughout the school.
- Lower School teachers completing training in Responsive Classroom techniques
- Individual faculty and staff attending conferences across the state and country
- Introducing six new High School classes, including multiple computer science offerings
- Increasing the number and range of offerings in the Middle School elective curriculum
- Providing an additional Lower School science specialist to expand our STEM program
Thank you for your financial support and the trust you place in Country Day. We are looking forward to celebrating the accomplishments of our outstanding students – your children whom you have so generously entrusted to us.
Head of School