Country Day Scholars Program
Seeking Scholars Who Make a Difference
The Country Day Scholars Program provides new incoming ninth grade students the opportunity to access the college preparatory curriculum offered at Sacramento Country Day High School. Designed to reach students from underserved communities, the goal of Country Day Scholars is to make our High School accessible to exceptional students with notable potential in one or more of the following areas: academics, leadership, innovation, the arts, and service to others.
Students selected as Country Day Scholars receive a guaranteed four-year high school scholarship towards tuition, textbooks, class trips, one-on-one college counseling, an SAT preparation course, and a school-issued laptop computer.
Country Day Scholars will receive the scholarship every year the student is enrolled, is in good academic and behavioral standing, and qualifies for financial assistance.
Country Day Scholars will join other high-achieving students in small classes taught by exceptional faculty. Country Day students consistently earn the highest SAT, ACT, and AP scores in the entire Sacramento region. Country Day graduates obtain admission to and receive substantial merit-based financial awards from highly selective and competitive universities and colleges across the United States and beyond.
Who is eligible?
- New students entering ninth grade.
- Students who demonstrate promise in one or more of the following areas: academics, leadership, innovation, arts, and service.
- Students who qualify for significant need-based financial aid in accordance with the School’s guidelines.
Characteristics of Country Day Scholars
- A’s and B’s on report cards.
- Participation in extracurricular activities and special interests in school, service or community.
- Strong school attendance record.
- Excellent teacher recommendations and references.
- Average to above average scores on standardized tests.
- A desire to attend Sacramento Country Day School.
- Strong parental involvement is important to the success of Country Day Scholars.
How do I apply?
Interested candidates should complete the online application for admission and indicate that your student is applying for the scholars program.
What is the deadline to apply?
Completed applications for the Scholars Program must be received by February 1, 2021. For questions, please contact the Admissions office at email@example.com.
When are applicants notified of decisions?
Scholars will be selected in February 2021.