Tuition & Affordability
Education is the best investment.
At Sacramento Country Day School we strive to make our unparalleled program financially accessible to families for whom our mission and programs are a fit. It is our desire that our community reflect the diversity and vibrancy of our region, and towards that effort we offer tuition assistance and a scholarship opportunity to financially eligible families.
When setting tuition rates, we carefully consider a range of issues including affordability, demand, competitiveness with other nationally ranked private schools of Country Day’s caliber, operating expenses, and the cost of implementing our curriculum. We are committed to keeping our tuition as low as possible while continuing to hire and retain world-class faculty and provide the best educational experience in Sacramento. For the 2023-24 school year, we granted approximately $3.5 million in tuition assistance to qualifying families in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Our admissions and tuition assistance application processes are separate and simultaneous. If you are inspired by all that Country Day has to offer and have additional questions about the tuition assistance program, please reach out to our admissions team.
- Pre-Kindergarten - Kindergarten: $24,000
- 1st – 5th grades: $27,060
- 6th – 8th grades: $28,770
- 9th – 12th grades: $31,290
- International (9th-12th): $38,300
Tuition Assistance: Learn more about affording Country Day
Tuition Assistance Timeline
Each year Country Day engages in the complex work of budgeting for the coming school year. Allocating Tuition Assistance funding to eligible families is one part of an effective and complicated process.
Apply for Tuition Assistance for the upcoming school year by submitting the SSS application for Tuition Assistance and uploading your most recent tax return by February 16, 2024.
Tuition Assistance awards and admissions decisions published on March 8, 2024 for admitted candidates.
Currently Enrolled Families
Apply for Tuition Assistance for the upcoming school year by submitting the SSS application for Tuition Assistance and uploading your most recent tax return by January 26, 2024.
Tuition Assistance awards and re-enrollment contracts published by February 12, 2024.
The Fine Print
- Does Country Day offer tuition payment plans?
- Does Country Day offer scholarships?
- Does your school offer a sibling discount?
- How much Tuition Assistance is typically awarded?
- When does the Tuition Assistance application open?
- Do returning families need to reapply for Tuition Assistance?
- Is technology included in tuition?
- Are textbooks included in tuition?
- Are there any other costs not covered in tuition?
- Is Tuition Assistance available for mid-year applicants?
- Is tuition prorated for mid-year applicants?
- Do Tuition Assistance awards need to be paid back?